- The website sub.example.com created in Plesk redirects to sub.example2.com which also exists in Plesk
- There is also an alias example.com in Plesk for example2.com
- There is a subdomain sub.example2.com in Plesk for example2.com
- Apache configuration file of sub.example2.com
/var/www/vhosts/system/sub.example2.com/conf/httpd.confhas sub.example.com declared as an alias:
This is caused by a bug in Plesk with id #PPPM-10052 which is planned to be fixed in future updates.
Subscribe to this article to be notified when the bug would be fixed.
As a workaround, Web service for the alias can be disabled. As a result, sub.example.com will not be mentioned in
/var/www/vhosts/system/example2.com/conf/httpd.conf configuration file. This can be achieved by:
- Log in to Plesk
- Navigate to Home->Subscriptions->example2.com->Websites & Domains
- Uncheck the “Web service” checkbox for alias example.com.