- A ticket will be created for you and followed by the Migration Team.
- Please reference this ticket to send credentials for your source and destination servers. Note that the destination server hardware specifications must be greater than or equal to the source server hardware specifications.
- There latest Plesk version should be installed on the destination server by the time we start with data migration.
- You will have one Plesk engineer assigned to your migration. The engineer will be your point-of-contact for all communications between you and other members of the Plesk Team, such as product management and the development team, if needed.
- Once the source and destination server credentials are provided, the Plesk Migration Team engineers will run a pre-migration check and come up with a migration plan. You will not have any downtime in services during this pre-check process.
- Once pre-check is completed and you have approved the migration plan, we will schedule a time for your migration with you. Please note that the Migration Team’s availability is 02:00 AM to 11:00 AM UTC (Monday-Friday).
- Following the migration process, all services will be up and running on source server unless DNS records are switched.
- The Migration Team will transfer all data and Plesk settings, including web applications installed through the Plesk interface. There are some items that will not be transferred during migration. See the list of content and settings included and excluded from the Plesk migration process below.
What we are able to migrate for you:
In case of migration from Plesk 8.6 and higher:
- Subscriptions, including all settings and content
- FTP accounts, Mail account sand messages, databases
- Customer and reseller accounts associated with migrated subscriptions
- Service plans, add-on plans and reseller plans
In case of migration from Plesk <8.6 or any other hosting panel we need to review initial configuration and its features, then we can tell what is within and out of migration scope before we start.
What we are unable to migrate for you
- Any connected database servers and their settings (Tools & Settings > Database Servers)
- Apache module settings (Tools &Settings > Apache Modules)
- Backup settings (Tools & Settings> Backup Settings)
- Customers’ backup files and FTP repository settings (Control Panel > Websites & Domains > BackupManager > Personal FTP Repository Settings)
- Panel extensions
- Third-party software and services, for example, Adobe ColdFusion or Google services
- Any server components or software that is installed separately from Plesk like Apache or PHP modules should be installed on target server anew.
The Plesk Migration Team will do their best to help answer your questions related to these out-of-scope items above. This initial email is sent from [email protected]
so please hold on and respond to the following email that will be sent from the ticket we opened for you.Thank you and we look forward to helping you in whatever possible!Plesk Worldwide Migration Assistance Team