- In an attempt to send or receive an email the process fails with the following error message in the
postfix/smtpd: warning: connect to Milter service inet:127.0.0.1:12345: Connection refused
MagicSpam extension was removed previously, however its leftovers exist in Postfix
/etc/postfix/main.cf configuration file.
- Log into the server via SSH.
- Create a backup for the
# cp -pr /etc/postfix/main.cf /etc/postfix/main.cf.back
- Using the vi text editor open the
- Find the line below and change it from:
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768 inet:127.0.0.1:12345
smtpd_milters = , inet:127.0.0.1:12768
- Save changes.
- Restart Postfix to apply the changes:
# service postfix restart