- The Fix incorrectly set sender for outgoing mail option is enabled in Plesk > Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings.
- The Switch on mail forwarding option is enabled in Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > [email protected] > Forwarding and
[email protected]email address is added into Forward incoming messages to the following email address field:
Click on the screenshot below to expand
- In an attempt to send an email from
[email protected]address, in the email which forwards to
[email protected]account, the FROM address is replaced by the forwarder email address(which is
- The following message can be found in
plesk sendmail: handlers_stderr: INFO:__main__:Address in header 'From: Plesk Test <[email protected]>' was changed to '[email protected]'
#PPPM-12293 “Sending an email from a mailbox associated with domain A to a mailbox associated with domain B that is hosted in Plesk with “Fix incorrectly set sender for outgoing mail” enabled in “Tools & Settings” > “Mail Server Settings” and forwards mail to a mailbox associated with domain C no longer changes the “From” header as if the email originated from domain B and not domain A.”
- Plesk Obsidian 27 October 2020 (Linux)
If update is not possible for some reason you may try the following
Until the bug will be fixed apply the workaround below:
- Log into Plesk.
- Go to Tools & Settings > Mail Server Settings.
- Disable the Fix incorrectly set sender for outgoing mail option.
- Scroll down and press the OK button.