- Is it possible to change the platform of a Plesk license from 'Dedicated' to 'Virtual'?
- I purchased a license for 'Dedicated' platform, but have a virtual server, how to switch?
NOTE: the information below is for the lease-type licenses from Plesk Online Store only.
If you are a Plesk Partner - please contact your Sales Representative, if you cannot reach your sales representative please contact Licensing and purchase support for assistance.
Plesk license platform downgrade from 'Dedicated' to 'VPS' is currently not supported in Plesk 360. In order to switch to a VPS server platform license, please do the following:
- Cancel your current online store subscription, following the instructions given in the article: How to cancel a license purchased from Plesk Online Store
Make sure to cancel it before the next billing date, otherwise you will be automatically charged for the renewal.
- Purchase new license for the required product in our Online Store
- Once the new license is purchased, install it in Plesk using the activation code from the order confirmation email > Tools & Settings > License Management > Install key.
- If you had any additional keys attached to your previous license, please contact licensing team via chat in Plesk 360 or through the form Plesk licensing and purchase support.
On the contrary, it is possible to upgrade from VPS to Dedicated license server platform.