Existing Posts or Categories from a WordPress instance installed under sub-directories (e.g.
/httpdocs/test) return "404 Page Not Found", "Not Found" or "Nothing Here" error.
Permalinks at WordPress admin Dashboard > Settings > Permalinks page are set differently than "Plain" (e.g. Post Name) at the WordPress instance installed under the sub-directory.
#EXTWPTOOLK-8578 "Block author scans and Enable bot protection security measures no longer break WordPress sites installed in a subdirectory."
- WP Toolkit 5.9.2 10 February 2022
Apply one of the following workarounds:
Use "Plain" permalinks:
- Login to the WordPress admin Dashboard of the sub-directory instance.
- Go to Serttings > Permalinks page.
- Select Plain option and click Save Changes.
Revert Security Measures "Block author scans" and "Enable bot protection":
Revert the Security Measures "Block author scans" and "Enable bot protection" on the main WordPress instance (
/httpdocs) and under WordPress instances installed to subdirectories (e.g.
/httpdocs/test), as described below:
- Log into Plesk.
- Go to Domains > example.com > WordPress > select the WordPress instance in question > Security Status or Security page and press Check Security button.
- Select Block author scans and Enable bot protection, if both are found applied, otherwise select the one found and press Revert button: