The following components and features are no longer available in Plesk Onyx for installation or usage.
Click on the required section to get details on why these features are dropped and recommendations on what to do:
Customer and Business Manager
- Why? Customer and Business Manager is now owned, maintained and supported by Odin (subsidiary of Ingram Micro), so we are removing it from Plesk Onyx distribution. Since the product belongs to a different entity, we are also dropping its support.
- What to do? New installations of Plesk Onyx do not include CBM as a part of their distribution and are not manageable with CBM. If you have a remote CBM instance used for managing multiple Plesk servers, we cannot guarantee that it will be able to manage Plesk Onyx. If you were using CBM, we recommend switching to a different billing and provisioning system.
Note: Upgrade to Plesk Onyx in unattended mode will be blocked if you have any customer account(s) in CBM. The only way to complete the upgrade in unattended mode is to uninstall CBM or perform an upgrade in the interactive mode. Important: If you upgrade to Plesk Onyx without uninstalling CBM, CBM will stop working.
Windows VZ Templates
- Why? Plesk Onyx will not support installation and upgrade using Windows VZ templates due to extremely low use of Windows VZ templates among Plesk users.
- What to do? If you were using Windows VZ Templates to install Plesk, we recommend to install and upgrade Plesk using Plesk Installer.
x86-based distributions of operating systems
- Why? Plesk Onyx cannot be upgraded or installed on x86 (x32) versions of OSes supported by Plesk Onyx due to lack of popularity, reduced efficiency and overall usage decline of x86 architecture compared to x64.
- What to do? For those who use Plesk on x86 (x32) versions of OSes supported by Plesk Onyx, we recommend migrating your Plesk installations to Plesk Onyx installed on an x64-based version of the same distribution. You can use our new Plesk Migrator extension for migration.
Note: the full list of the supported OSes can be found here.
CentOS 5 / RHEL5 / CloudLinux 5 / Ubuntu 12.04
Why? Plesk Onyx cannot be upgraded or installed on CentOS 5, RHEL 5 and CloudLinux 5 OSes. These OSes are outdated, their share among Plesk server OSes is very low and they are obsolete and unsupported. Also, a lot of new software doesn’t work on these OSes, which prevents us from delivering new features and fixes.
What to do? For those who use Plesk on these OSes we recommend migrating to CentOS 7, RHEL 7 and CloudLinux 7 respectively. You can use our new Plesk Migrator extension for migration.
Note: for Ubuntu 12.04 dist-upgrade procedure is possible: How to perform dist-upgrade procedure on server with Plesk.
Microsoft Windows 2008 (not R2)
Why? Plesk Onyx cannot be upgraded or installed on Microsoft Windows 2008 OS. It is outdated, its share among Plesk server OSes is very low and it’s difficult to deliver new features and fixes on it.
What to do? For those…