Is it possible to install Plesk on Ubuntu 20.04?
Plesk now supports Ubuntu 20.04 LTS (Focal Fossa) starting from Plesk Obsidian 18.0.29
However, keep in mind the following limitations:
- Ubuntu 20.04 ships with OpenSSL which does not support TLSv1.1 and below. Because of that: TLSv1 and TLSv1.1 ciphers cannot be enabled on services via server_pref command;
- psa-watchdog component is not available, since it requires a major update to use TLSv1.2 or higher;
- The following components are deprecated or EOLed by Plesk or their respective vendors: mod_bw ( deprecated ), php <= 7.0 ( EOLed );
- Atomic (tortix) ModSecurity ruleset is not available because Atomic doesn’t support Ubuntu 20.04 yet;
- Time synchronization is not available on Tools & Settings > System Time because Ubuntu 20.04 uses chronyd service (enabled by default) for time synchronization. Same as on CentOS 8 and Debian 10;
- Connection to the server might be interrupted the first time Plesk Firewall rules are activated;
- There are warning about fail2ban and spamassassin services from systemd in the logs:
PIDFile= references path below legacy directory /var/run/
These messages can be ignored.
See also Plesk Supported Operating Systems