Use this method if you want to upsell extensions in your online store
for already provisioned Plesk instances. When one of your customers
clicks the “Buy Now” button in the extension catalog in Plesk, they are
taken to your online store where they can complete their order.
- When a customer places an order, you need to contact KA via the KA
Partner API and request a license for the purchased extension. Pass
the main Plesk key number as an argument in the API call.
- KA will create the requested extension license and attach it to the
main Plesk license.
- You can use either Partner API v1 or v3 to request the licenses:
After you order an extension license via the Partner API, it is attached
to the main Plesk license. The extension license will be installed on
Plesk server the next time Plesk connects to KA to update the main Plesk
license (typically, this takes from one day to one month). The customer
can also perform the following steps to install the extension license
immediately (this could be done in your online store UI, for example):
- Click Tools & Settings in the left navigation pane.
- Click License Management (under Plesk).
- Click Retrieve Keys to install the new license key in Plesk.
By default, when a customer clicks the “Buy Now” button in the extension
catalog in Plesk, they are taken to Plesk store, not your store. You can
change this behavior by specifying your own store hostname in the
panel.ini file. Once the store hostname…