Welcome back to the Official Plesk Podcast: Next Level Ops, where experts discuss tips and tricks to help you get ahead in the digital world. In this episode, we have Joerg Strotmann, VP of Marketing at Plesk, giving a Quarterly Update of releases, market data and insights for web pros!
Taking the first steps to set up your store online can be tricky, so tune in to this episode to hear how you can make the process easier, and explore why now is the time to get started.
In This Episode: Get to know the eCommerce market, and meet the Plesk eCommerce Toolkit
Throughout Season 2, we’ve been talking about the importance of eCommerce, digital presence, and making sure your website is in tiptop shape.
That’s because when the global pandemic hit, as Joerg points out, digital strategy for most businesses went from last priority to first priority. And rightfully so! We saw 10 years of eCommerce growth in 3 months at the start of the pandemic…not to mention a lot of first time shoppers:
Digital strategy has moved from the last slide of a pitch deck 10 years ago, to being the foundation of everything we do today. So COVID-19 has catapulted us into the future…nearly 150 million people shopped online for the first time in the pandemic.
70% of eCommerce store owners use their website for marketing – so it needs to be good. See, there are a few non-negotiables when it comes to having a competitive eCommerce website: speed, stability, and security. These three aspects will make sure your website converts (slow loading = low conversion), can handle traffic spikes, and gives you peace of mind.
And we’re not just seeing it on websites either. People are shopping on Instagram, Facebook, and elsewhere. This omnichannel marketing approach is often overlooked by shop owners. Modern customers want to buy anywhere on any device at any time.
At Plesk, we help small to medium sized business developers, designers, and agencies to meet these requirements. That’s why Plesk launched the eCommerce Toolkit.
The Plesk eCommerce Toolkit offers a CDN for speed, scalable hosting for stability, and a bevvy of security features, like properly vetted payment gateways, SSL certificates, and firewalls and scanners to guard against attacks.
- Digital strategy has gone from being the last thing people think about to the most important aspect of selling online.
- eCommerce grew more from March-May 2020 than it did in the previous 10 years.
- Over 150 Million people purchased online for the first time in 2020.
- Speed, stability, and security are non-negotiable if you want to grow your website. Peak conversion is no more than 2.7 seconds. Every 100 millisecond delay over that can reduce conversion by up to 7%.
- People are shopping in-store, on websites, and on social channels. This is called omnichannel selling and marketing.
- You should make it as easy as possible for people to give you money. Simplicity is key to get people to act, so make sure you offer multiple payment methods, and can serve your products wherever your buyers are in the world.
- Site security means protection against hackers, PCI compliance, DDoS mitigation when necessary, and site-wide HTTPS.
- The Plesk eCommerce Toolkit allows you to have a fast, stable, secure website that is easy to maintain, with everything you need…including omnichannel marketing.
The Official Plesk Podcast: Next Level Ops Featuring
Joe is a college-accredited course developer and podcast consultant. You can find him at Casabona.org.
Joerg is VP of Marketing at Plesk.
We’re also on Spotify and Apple Podcasts! So, you can find us pretty much anywhere you get your daily dose of Next Level Ops. Stay on the lookout for our next episode!
No comment yet, add your voice below!