Dropbox Backup 2.0
Server-Wide BackupThe server admin can back up the entire server to Dropbox. All features from domain backup are available for server-wide usage.
Ability to Import BackupPlesk 12.0 has introduced an amazing feature for restoration of specific objects from a backup. Learn more about “granular restore”. In order to support this ability in the extension, we added a button for importing to your local repository. The backup will be copied from Dropbox and you can find it in Plesk Backup Manager.
Windows SupportAll of the Linux features are available on the Windows platform now.
Localization SupportEnglish locale is placed to plib/resources/locales/en-US.php. You can translate all locale entries in a new file, for example plib/resources/locales/de-DE.php. The extension uses the same locale as Plesk.
Minor Fixes and Improvements
- Filtering files by the x-tar mime-type. I guess other files are useless in the backup repository.
- “Zebra-striping” in versions list. It makes buttons clicking a bit simpler and prevents mistakes.
- Fixing internal error on domains list (sorting and paging): “Unable to load list data”.
- Adding domain names into the page title. You will not mix up your domains.
- Adding current time as a default setting for scheduled backup. You will be sure in the timezone of your server.
Known Problems and Limitations
- Dropbox authentication does not work in frames. If you use the Service Provider view in Plesk, the extension’s repository cannot be opened. As a workaround you can open the extension’s link in a new browser tab or use the Power User view.
How useful was this post?
Click on a heart to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Oh no, sorry about that!
Let us know how we can do better below
Thanks for your feedback!