The extension offers a single interface for securing your websites with SSL/TLS certificates from the following trusted certificate authorities (CA):
- Let's Encrypt
- DigiCert (Symantec, GeoTrust, Thawte, and RapidSSL brands)
CAs are integrated into SSL It! using plugins. We plan to add support for more CAs in the future.
With SSL It! you can do all of the following in a single interface (which replaces the usual “SSL/TLS Certificates” interface):
- Purchase, install, and renew certificates from various CAs.
- You can secure your domain, webmail, a "www" subdomain for the domain, and each selected alias and clearly see which of them are secured.
- Access the Let's Encrypt and DigiCert SSL extensions (if they are installed).
- Even go back to the old “SSL/TLS Certificates” interface (click the “Advanced Settings” link)!
Moreover, SSL It! can automatically issue, install, and renew Let’s Encrypt certificates for each domain secured with an invalid certificate (self-signed, expired, or issued by an untrustworthy CA). To enable this option, select “Keep your websites secured with free SSL/TLS Certificates” in a hosting plan’s or subscription’s settings.
- SSL It! is a free extension but SSL/TLS certificates themselves can be paid.
- To take advantage of all SSL It! features, install the Let's Encrypt and the DigiCert SSL extensions as well.
- If you want to integrate your CA with SSL It!, fill in the form at the bottom of this page and we will contact you.