What is SSL?
Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) is a security protocol for establishing an encrypted link between a server and a client—typically a web server (website) and a browser.
Therefore, SSL protects user data during transfer. It is especially important for sensitive information such as credit card numbers, social security numbers, login credentials, and so on.
All browsers have the capability to interact with secured web servers using the SSL protocol.
However, the browser and the server need what is called an SSL certificate to be able to establish a secure connection.
Who needs SSL?
Any website owner that needs to securely transmit information over the Internet requires the use of SSL certificates.
These days, an SSL certificate is a necessity rather than a luxury.
Apart from securing data transfer, an SSL certificate improves customer trust and makes your website rank higher in search results.
DigiCert in Plesk
DigiCert SSL is not a standalone extension. It works only in tandem with the
SSL It! extension.
To issue and manage SSL certificates, you need to install both the DigiCert SSL and SSL It! extensions.
- DigiCert is a security industry leader, providing a full suite of SSL certificates
as well as certificate management tools for enterprises of all sizes.
- DigiCert is trusted by over 115,000 organizations in more than 180 countries,
including notable organizations in finance, healthcare, e-commerce, and
- DigiCert PKI management tools help organizations control certificate lifecycle
management. Maintaining a secure network goes beyond purchasing and
installing SSL Certificates; it includes proper configuration, vulnerability
scanning, ongoing monitoring, and timely renewal.
- All DigiCert SSL certificates come with an outstanding range of security features.
These include daily malware scanning; Seal-in-search technology; and the most trusted mark, the Norton Seal.
- DigiCert has a wide range of SSL certificates offering high-value Extended, Organization, and Domain Validation certificates.
- DigiCert has integrated trusted and long-established SSL certificate brands such as Symantec, Thawte, GeoTrust, and RapidSSL.