WordPress website is not accessible or some contents of the website don't load. The following error is shown in the browser or in the browser inspector (F12):
Error 500 external Server Error
503 Service Temporarily Unavailable
In some cases, the WordPress Admin Dashboard cannot be accessed with the following error message:
There has been a critical error on your website. Please check your site admin email inbox for instructions
In some cases, the website is working if all WordPress plugins are disabled going to Domains > example.com > Click on WordPress instance > Instances tab > Plugins tab:
Coding issue on the WordPress instance caused by malfunctioning plugins, theme and/or customization.
- Log in to Plesk GUI
- Go to Domains > example.com > Click on WordPress instance > Instances tab > Plugins tab.
- Disable all WordPress plugins.
- Enable WordPress plugins one by one and check the website accessibility until the problematic plugin is found.
- Enable all non-problematic WordPress plugins.
Note: Once the problematic WordPress plugin is identified, contact WordPress plugin developers and change current PHP settings if required.
If this did not fix the issue, verify the following:
The installed WordPress plugins are up to date
The installed WordPress plugins are compatible with the other WordPress plugins
The installed WordPress theme is up to date
- The installed WordPress theme is compatible with the WordPress plugins
- Both WordPress plugins and theme are compatible with the current PHP version and PHP configuration