- Unable to add an IP address in Plesk > Tools & Settings > IP Addresses. The following error is shown:
Cannot add the IP address 203.0.113.2. This network interface obtains IP addresses automatically.
Static IP addresses cannot be added on DHCP-enabled network interfaces.
Change the network interface to static:
- Connect to the server via RDP.
- Run the following command and write down the current IP addresses (which is leased by the DHCP) from IPv4/IPv6 Addresses, Subnet Mask, Default Gateway, DNS Servers:
C:> ipconfig /all
- Go to Control Panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings > example_interface > Properties > Internet Protocol Version 4|6 (TCP/IPv4|IPv6).
- Switch to the Use the following IP address option.
- Add the IP addresses taken from step #2.
- Click OK.
Note: It is highly recommended to perform this task during maintenance time.