Speed Kit makes websites fast!
Speed Kit is a one-click solution to accelerate your website.
By rerouting your web traffic through Speed Kit's caching infrastructure, it achieves a typical performance boost of 50-300%!.
Watch our video introduction to learn how Speed Kit can help you boost conversion rate, decrease bounce rates, and improve other important business metrics.
Why's speed so important?
Page load time is money. Amazon found that 100ms of extra load time cost them 1% of annual revenue – that's over US$1 billion every year!
Similarly, Google has found that 500ms of additional page load time make 20% of all users abandon their search request.
The other way around, GQ experienced an 80% increase in traffic after improving their page load time from 7s to 2s.
Not just another CDN!
Built on top of Fastly, Speed Kit combines the advantages of the world's fastest content delivery network (CDN) with cutting-edge technology (Service Workers) to provide superior convenience and an unparalleled performance uplift.
Worried about privacy issues? Speed Kit has you covered: Since our servers and caches never handle sensitive data, Speed Kit conforms with GDPR out-of-the-box.
Speed Kit will optimize your website in the following ways – all fully automatic:
- Dynamic Content Caching: In contrast to all other acceleration plugins, Speed Kit caches even frequently changing data such as your website's HTML or user comments. Through its unique Bloom filter-based cache coherence scheme, it makes sure that no user ever sees stale content.
- Image Optimization: By resizing and transcoding images according to the user's device dimensions, Speed Kit saves bandwidth and accelerates page loads.
- 3rd-Party Caching: Speed Kit caches and accelerates third-party assets (e.g. Google fonts) which are uncacheable for CDNs.
- Edge & Client Caching: Speed Kit serves your data not only from CDN edge caches, but also from caches within the user device (browser cache, Service Worker cache) for instant load times.
- Personalized Content Caching: Through Dynamic Blocks, Speed Kit accelerates even personalized data such as a shopping cart or a user-specific greeting – contact [email protected] for free onboarding support with this feature.
- HTTP/2 & Network Optimization: Speed Kit uses an encrypted HTTP/2 connection and automatically optimizes the entire network protocol stack to give your users the ideal surfing experience.
- Performance Monitoring: Speed Kit measures and optimizes the Speed Index and the First Meaningful Paint of your website, i.e. your website feels faster for users.
- Web Push & Offline Mode: Speed Kit transforms your website into a full-fledged Progressive Web App (PWA). The built-in Offline Mode hides network problems from your users by showing the last-seen version of your website instead of an error message whenever there are connectivity issues. Web Push further let's you (re-)engage website visitors with ease.
Does Speed Kit work for you?
Get a free performance analysis to learn how you can boost your page load time:
The built-in Page Speed Analyzer (above) collects the following performance metrics for your website: Speed Index and First Meaningful Paint, time to first byte (TTFB), domains, resources, response size, DOMContentLoaded, FullyLoaded, and Last Visual Change.
Thus, it shows you where there's room for improvement in your tech stack.
But the analyzer also shows you how Speed Kit can improve your performance right now:
To give you a feeling for Speed Kit's performance edge, the analyzer contrasts your current performance without Speed Kit (left) against the same website accelerated by Speed Kit (right) in a video comparison.
How does Speed Kit work?
In a nutshell, Speed Kit stores a copy of your website on our super fast caching infrastructure.
Instead of fetching content from the original slow server, Speed Kit makes the browser of any user get the cached, accelerated copy.
To accelerate your website, Speed Kit activates a Service Worker in the browser which intercepts and reroutes some of the requests made while loading your website.
As a bonus, the Service Worker technology turns your website into a Progressive Web App by default!
Thus, your users can surf content that's already cached on their devices. Even when they have lost their Internet connection (offline mode).
In contrast to state-of-the-art caching approaches, Speed Kit exploits the user's browser cache in addition to a traditional CDN (Content Delivery Network).
This makes your website load in an instant!
To avoid stale data, we purge outdated copies of your content in our caches.
Behind the curtains, we use machine learning to identify those copies as fast as possible.
Additionally, you can schedule periodic refreshes (default), refresh your content manually, or refresh your content programmatically by calling special API endpoints.
See our in-depth technical survey for details on Speed Kit and the technology it is built on.
Who are Baqend?
Baqend, based in Hamburg, Germany, develop a cloud service using innovative caching algorithms in order to minimize website loading times.
Publishers, shops, startups, and SMEs all face the challenge of competing with giants such as Amazon, Facebook, and Google.
So Baqend gives them a technical platform. Not just to catch up with the market leaders, but to turn page speed into their competitive advantage too.