What is SOGo?
SOGo is a groupware server that provides a rich AJAX-based Web interface and offers your users a uniform and complete interface to access their information.
The SOGo Webmail extension provides the following features:
- Localization. SOGo is available in over a dozen languages so you’ll always feel at home. If your language is missing, you can easily contribute to the project and submit your translation.
- Sharing. Share your mail, calendars, and address books with other users. Define specific rights to each person or group of persons.
- Reminders. Set alarms to important events and get alerted directly from your browser.
- Recurring Events. Define precise recurrence pattern for your repeating events and create exceptions if necessary.
- Delegation. Delegate access to your mail account or delegate an invitation to another person.
- Free/Busy Time. Before sending an invitation, see the free/busy periods of attendees, either from the local SOGo server or a remote Microsoft Exchange server. Automatically set off-hours as busy if you like.
- HTML. Compose HTML mail with the complete inline rich-text editor.
- Categories. Choose from a predefined set of categories or create your own categories and associate them to your events and contacts.
- Multiple Mail Accounts. Configure all your mail accounts (IMAP) from SOGo and forget about login-in to multiple webmail services.
- Mail Return Receipt. Request or answer to return requests to confirm the arrival of messages.
- Mail Filtering. Define powerful server-side filters to automatically act on new messages. Forward, discard, reject, flag, or move incoming mail depending on complex criteria.
- Forward and Auto-Reply. Set an auto reply while on vacation or forward all your incoming mail to one ore many alternate email addresses.
- Export/Import. Export calendars or import events from a vCalendar file. Export contacts to LDIF or import cards from a LDIF of vCard file. Export a mailbox to zip archive.
- Two-Factor Authentication (2FA). Protect your account from unauthorized access using an Authenticator app.
- Only mail accounts with "sym" passwords can be used for authentication (symmetric hash, default configuration), using "crypt" hashes will result in authentication failure.
- Stable packages are only available on Debian 11 and Ubuntu 22.04, including Ubuntu 22.04 on ARM.
- Nightly packages’ compatibility is not guaranteed. Nightly packages are only available on CentOS 7, AlmaLinux 8, Rocky Linux 8, RHEL 7, RHEL 8, Debian 10, Debian 11, Ubuntu 18.04, Ubuntu 20.04, and Ubuntu 22.04.