- Unable to configure SmarterMail service via Tools & Settings > Server Components: after specifying the correct credentials no errors occur, however service is still shown as 'Not Configured'.
- In IIS > Sites > SmarterMail > Bindings SmarterMail is bound only to localhost.
- On attempt to access SmarterMail interface via http://127.0.0.1:9998 the error below appears:
Bad Request - Invalid Hostname
HTTP Error 400. The request hostname is invalid.
SmarterMail is not listening on 127.0.0.1.
- Log into the server via RDP.
Note: if direct RDP access to the server is not possible, contact server administrator for further assistance.
- Go to IIS > Sites > SmarterMail > Bindings.
- Add the binding on port 9998 without specifying the Hostname to make it listen on all IP addresses including 127.0.0.1.
- Go to IIS > Application Pools > SmarterMail > Advanced Settings:
- Make sure that Identity for SmarterMail application pool is set to the NetworkService:
- Execute the following command via the command line to open Windows Services Manager:
- Find out SmarterMail Service and restart it.
- Configure SmarterMail once again under Tools & Settings > Server Components