Table of contents
- General Information
- Planning migration
- Preparing servers
- Migration pre-check
- Migration (data transfer)
- Migration post-check
- Data synchronization
- Switching IP/DNS (moving to production)
- Transferring Plesk key from source server
- Limitations for migration
Plesk Migrator is a tool that Plesk provides for migration to the latest Plesk versions.
It has pre- and post-migration checks, error reporting features, allows to re-sync data between an old and a new server after migration to make migration to Plesk an easy process.
Plesk Migrator can be also used for upgrading Plesk to the latest version (Upgrade by transfer): Upgrade by transfer is the process of switching to the latest Plesk version by moving all hosting data and settings from the current Plesk server to a server with the latest version installed. Upgrade by transfer also allows you to minimize the downtime of services on the production server, as websites stay online while the transfer is in progress. During the migration process, data on the source server (Subscriptions', Customers' data, etc) will not be changed or removed as well as all services will be running.
With Plesk Migrator you can:
- Plesk Obsidian
Via Plesk or command-line interface
- Plesk 8.6 and later (Linux and Windows)
- Confixx 3.3
- Helm 3.2
- Plesk Expand 2.3.2
- Parallels Pro Control Panel for Linux 10.3.6
- DirectAdmin 1.51 (when migrating from DirectAdmin installed on Ubuntu 10.x, only custom migration is supported)
Via command-line interface only (for assistance, submit a request to Plesk Professional Services team)
- HDE Controller 6
- Hosting Controller v7 Panel
- H-Sphere (both Linux and Windows servers can be migrated)
- ISPmanager 4 Pro
- ISPmanager 5 Business
- MSPControl (commercial and multi server WebSitePanel)
- Parallels Plesk Automation (both Linux and Windows servers can be migrated)
- Control Web Panel
- For other platforms or if Plesk version is earlier than 8.6, refer to custom migration guides
- Via Plesk or command-line interface
Choose hardware for the destination server. It should be greater or equal to the source server hardware specifications.
Choose a supported operating system for the destination server.
List of supported Virtualization platforms for Plesk Obsidian
Installation on Сloud platforms for Plesk Obsidian
- migration from Linux to Windows and vice versa is not supported
- OS must be x64 OS
Make sure that you have a proper Plesk license for the destination server. In case of any questions, contact Plesk License team.
Choose a method of bringing domains online on the destination server after migration.
Other factors that require decision making on the planning stage:
check what functionality is deprecated in Plesk Onyx.
if Plesk is integrated with 3rd-party software, some post-migration actions might be needed in that software (e.g. conflict resolving in OBAS, changes in your custom billing solution).
if there are real time applications it is better to take a specialized approach to these websites and agree with the end users to arrange a pause for changes to the websites, so the data (e.g. database update transactions) added…