The following Plesk notification is received via email:
Could not secure domains of Administrator (login admin) with Let`s Encrypt certificates. Please log in to Plesk and secure the domains listed below manually. Securing of the following domains has failed:
Missed domain names failed to pass validation: www.example.com
Domain example.com is secured with Let’s Encrypt certificate without WWW support
Certificate cannot pass Let’s Encrypt HTTP challenge because a DNS record for www.example.com is missing.
Apply one of the following available solutions:
Add the DNS record
Navigate to Domains > example.com > DNS Settings
Click on Add record and choose:
Record type – CNAME
Domain name – www.example.com
Canonical name – example.com
Click the OK button and update the DNS changes via the Update button
Note: The website will become accessible over the Internet via www.example.com.
Select SAN in SSL It! extension
- Install the SSL It! extension.
- Navigate to Domains > example.com >SSL/TLS Certificates
- Click on the settings icon
- Uncheck “Include the ‘www’ subdomain” and “Secure webmail”
- Click Update
Disable the option “Keep websites secured” for the Service Plan
- Navigate to Service Plans > example.com > Additional Services
- Disable the option Keep websites secured with free SSL/TLS certificates in the SSL It! dropdown menu and click OK
Note: The option will be disabled for all the subscriptions of that service plan. Let’s Encrypt certificates will not be automatically renewed for it.
Disable the option “Keep websites secured” for the Subscription
- Navigate to Subscriptions > example.com and click on the button Customize to customize the subscription
- Navigate to the Additional Services tab, disable the option Keep websites secured with free SSL/TLS certificates in the SSL It! dropdown menu and click Update & Lock
Note: The option will be disabled for all the domains of that subscription and the subscription itself will become locked. The subscription will no longer be synchronized with its Service Plan and Let’s Encrypt certificates will not be automatically renewed for it.
Disable notifications globally
- Navigate to Tools & Settings > Notifications.
- Uncheck the boxes for the event Let’s Encrypt certificates auto-renewal failure (customer’s digest).
Note: All notifications for this event will be disabled for all domains on the server.
The functionality to disable the notifications for a particular domain or its WWW part is not yet implemented in Plesk. Please vote for such a feature on our UserVoice portal.
Top-voted features are likely to be introduced in the next Plesk updates.