How can a mailbox owner reset the password for his mailbox in Plesk?
Note: the solution below is applicable only if the option Can be used to log in to Plesk(Plesk Obsidian) or Access to the Customer Panel(Plesk Onyx) is enabled in Domains > example.com > Email Addresses > [email protected].
- Log into Plesk using credentials from the mailbox
- Go to Mail > Change Mail Account Settings.
- Specify the new password into the Password and Confirm password fields and press the OK button.
Via the webmail client (not recommended solution)
Note: the changed password will not be updated in the Plesk database and can be reset while repairing mail configuration.
Log into Roundcube webmail using mailbox credentials.
Go to Settings > Password:
- Specify the new password and press the Save button.
Log into Horde webmail using mailbox credentials.
Go to Others > My Account > Password:
- Fill the Old password, New password and Confirm new password fields and press the Change Password button.