- Slave DNS servers are configured in Plesk (via Slave DNS extension or any custom integration).
- Disabling DNS service for a domain in Domains > example.com > DNS Settings > Disable does not trigger slave DNS zone deletion. As a result, the following errors appear in
/var/log/syslogon the slave server:
named: transfer of 'example.com/IN' from 203.0.113.2#53: failed while receiving responses: REFUSED
Plesk bug #PPPM-7931 which will be fixed in future updates.
As a workaround, delete the zones on slave servers manually.
- Log in to slave DNS server via SSH.
- Identify zone files location of the file system:
# find /var/named -name example.com
where ‘example.com’ is sample domain name which zone file is to be deleted.
- Remove the zone files one by one:
# rm -f /var/named/chroot/var/example.com