Linux Support Engineers deliver premier world-class support. The cPanel & WHM Linux Support Engineer I performs a variety of tasks to support cPanel customers by analyzing customer systems with cPanel software or diagnosing system-specific issues, resolving those issues, educating the customer regarding solutions, best practices and/or then verifying and reporting defects.
WE OFFER AN EXCITING ROLE WITH DIVERSE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Help customers install, configure and maintain cPanel on their servers
- Troubleshoot issues with cPanel or related software components on customer servers and provides effective resolutions
- Maintain successful customer relationships by maintaining a feedback score of 9.20 or greater
- Maintain a high level of productivity as outlined in the Technical Support Operations Handbook
- File effective cases in relation to defects discovered during the investigation of an issue
- Contribute to Company and Department Documentation efforts, both internally and externally
- Maintain technical expertise about cPanel software and monitor industry trends, sharing this knowledge across the team
- Exemplifies the cPanel Core Values of Integrity, Respect, Collaboration, and Follow-Through
WE CARE FOR A UNIQUE WORKING ENVIRONMENT
- Spirited, intelligent, quirky, friendly, adventurous – cPanel employees have been called all of these things, but with our varied skill sets and personalities, we defy labels.
- We are a tight-knit team that constantly challenges and encourages one another. Best of all, we sincerely believe in the value of the work that we do. And with 20 years under our belts — we’re not looking to slow down anytime soon.
- Enjoy full integration from day one and continuous feedback.
- Work with a cool team and enjoy an open-door policy on all levels
WE NEED YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
- 100% fluent in English (Minimum C1 proficiency).
- European citizenship or Spain work permit.
- Linux Systems Administration knowledge (CentOS and/or CloudLinux).
- Solid understanding of web protocols (DNS, SSL/TLS, HTTP, MAIL, FTP).
- Solid understanding of web services (Apache, MySQL/MariaDB, Exim/Postfix/Dovecot, PHP).Ability to research using internal and external knowledge bases as well as public documentation.
- Understanding of Mail: Reading mail logs to determine source of spam, interpreting mail configurations.
- Understanding of DNS: Understanding of record types (A, AAAA, MX, CNAME, SPF/DKIM)
- One to two years of Linux/*nix/BSD system troubleshooting or a related certification (RHCE).
- One year of web hosting industry experience or other related work preferred.
- Solid understanding of additional web services (nginx, LiteSpeed, PostgreSQL, PowerDNS).
- Basic understanding of cPanel software, configuration and implementation.
HAVE WE CAUGHT YOUR INTEREST?
Please send us your complete application via the link below.