Global Service Desk Engineer
Global Service Desk Engineer
Develop Plesk: a server and web application control panel sold in 140 countries. 6% of websites on the Internet are hosted on Plesk. Our R&D is based in Novosibirsk and Cologne. We write in PHP, JS, C++, Go, Python and Java. We cooperate with Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, Alibaba Cloud, Microsoft Azure and other companies in the Top 100 hosting industry.
The Desktop Engineer is part of a large, global hands-on, technical support team, that focuses on high-quality customer support to keep our Employee Technology and Operations services running smoothly. We are looking for an individual who enjoys working with new technologies, striving to provide great technology capabilities and services to our end users, as well as help maintain End User Support and relationships across the globe. The Service Desktop Engineer will provide day-to-day desktop engineering support for any Windows and Mac users. We are looking for an individual who can work in a fast-paced team and help create a great “user experience” for WebPros. This position will report to the Global Manager of IT Operations.
- Responsible for the architecture, implementation and maintenance of the organization’s desktop infrastructure environments including installation, upgrades, high level troubleshooting, patching, and software deployment
- Develop and document architectural design for endpoint hardware (both physical and virtual) as well as operating systems configurations and management capabilities.
- Support application packaging, deployments, documentation, and release control in an Enterprise environment.
- Writes documentation, including project plans, backup plans, business continuance, installation procedures, and troubleshooting tips.
- Creates diagrams, including technical topology.
- Create / maintain custom task sequences and other custom code for front-end image management.
- Provide desktop management automation through scripting to deliver consistent and predictable services.
- Package and release software via software center.
- Maintain documentation of their activities and having checklists for the various tasks in their respective area of responsibility.
- Manage incidents with the hardware vendors in case of a problem relating to the supported hardware platform
- Keep abreast of changes occurring in the client environment that could have an impact on deliverables.
- Validate that each image meets the customers supplied requirements and internal quality guidelines.
- 3+ years’ experience with MS Office 2013, 2016 and o365.
- 3+ years of MS Active directory experience – at least, management of users and computers.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting Windows PC and macOS.
- 5+ years’ experience using any management system to create, manage and deploy application packages, operating systems images and patches.
- 5+ years of experience with patch management, Security and Vulnerability management tools such as WSUS, any Antivirus enterprise solution, systems for encryption of end points (BitLocker, Fire Vault).
- Experience with network diagnostic tools.
- Experienced with Microsoft Intune as well as experience with JAMF (or any other MDM solution) preferable.
Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Enjoy working with people and maintain a good attitude while providing front-end supports.
- Great problem-solving and communication skills.
What you might like:
- We are all pros at what we do and love it
- Extended medical insurance and a corporate doctor in the office
- Free corporate English courses
- Corporate events several times a year
- Warm underground car park
- Table tennis, horizontal bar or table football during lunch time, the ability to move around the office on a scooter or skateboard
swimming pool and football team
- Reimbursement of sports/fitness costs
- Coffee, yoghurt, tea, fruit and biscuits
Have we caught your interest?
Please send us your complete application including your CV, motivation, references, possible starting date and salary expectation via our online form below:
We need your skills and expertise
Plesk is the leading WebOps platform and hosting control panel that supports operations for over 11 million websites, 19 million mailboxes and 400,000 servers. Our customers are developers, designers, agencies, IT administrators and hosters.
We strive to provide a more secure and efficient platform to help web professionals and hosting companies automate and manage their projects and infrastructure, allowing them to focus on growth.